пʼятниця, 18 грудня 2009 р.

HOLIDAYS, hurrah!

Winter Holidays. Such a pleasant period of a year! I personally like these holidays the best. I guess I fancy the idea of a re-birth, new possibilities and impressions.
Anyway, let me ask you a question. Do you want to know how to talk about the forthcoming holidays in English? If so, here is the list of recommended sources:

Vocabulary:
Listening:

Watching:
An adorable animated cartoon full of Christmas vocabulary & several renditions of “The night before Christmas”   (a poem written by Clement Clarke Moore in 1882).
>
Activities to the cartoon you can find here

A New Year’s resolution is a promise to do something made by people around a New Year e.g. to quit smoking, lose weight, start loving your parents-in-law etc. Well, people rarely fulfil their New Year’s resolutions. They soon give up. I believe that it is a good idea to start changing your life (in case you want to) right now. NOW is always the best option. If you decide to do something don’t wait till Monday, do it on Sunday evening.
>

My St. Nicolas story
While preparing this material I remembered one night on St. Nicolas Day. I guess it was about 15 years ago. My elder sister and I were waiting for St. Nicolas to come. And he did. He was a tall handsome man with a beard wearing a costume. We were really excited and a bit embarrassed, but we managed to recite the poems we had been preparing. He gave us the exact very presents we had asked for in our letters sent to him some time before. We were really happy! Later that night, when our mum asked us whether we liked St. Nicolas we replied: “Yes, very much. But he was wearing just the same slippers our dad has” :)

P.S. Have you been nice? Are you waiting for St Nicolas tonight?

Немає коментарів: