середа, 14 жовтня 2009 р.

Gogol Bordello



Last summer I had an opportunity to go to the concert of Gogol Bordello. This is a multi-ethnic Gypsy punk band from NY. Before the concert I had heard a lot about them, but I knew only one song ("Start wearing purple"), and also I knew that their front-man Eugene Hütz starred in "Filth and Wisdom" directed by Madonna
Gogol Bordello were the last to sing and what we saw on the stage was an extraordinary performance, which at first looked like a total chaos and mess, but one could not but notice an amazing coordination of the band. They were singing for about two hours, and all that time the crowd couldn't help dancing. Having seen their performance, I kinda felt sorry for our bands whose level is still pretty much domestic.
Anyway, Gogol Boredello is an extraordinary, modern and in a positive way a crazy band. I especially like their remix of Madonna's "La isla bonita". Watch it and you will understand a bit what is Gogol Bordello; then watch some other videos of this band on Youtube and you will start liking them; and after that, try to get to one of their concerts and you will love them. 

Немає коментарів: